Effective Ways to Improve Your Eyesight
Good eyesight is surely everyone’s most cherished asset. It’s the sense of sight which gives us the privilege to witness the beauty of this colorful, diversified universe. But unfortunately, in today’s time and age, our eyes are being constantly exposed to harmful radiations of electronic devices, such as the cell phones, televisions, computer screens and a lot more. This takes a toll on our eyes’ efficiency which results in poor eyesight. Therefore, we’ve compiled a comprehensive guide of handy solutions for sharp and healthy eyesight.
Strengthen Your Eyesight with Right Food Consumption
Just like every other part of our body, our eyes also need appropriate nutrition for better functioning. High intake of vegetables and fruits along with reduction in fatty foods and sugar immensely helps in maintenance of healthy eyes.
- Vitamins A, B, C and E, and minerals such as zinc and copper are essential for protection against ophthalmic diseases and better vision. Oranges, strawberries, salmon, eggs, almonds and mackerel are good sources of vitamins whereas; crab, oyster and turkey have high mineral value.
- Lutein, beta-carotene, and zeaxanthin are antioxidants and protect the eyes from harmful radiations such as the ultraviolet rays and direct sunlight. These antioxidants are abundantly present in sweet potatoes, pumpkins, leafy vegetables and carrots.
- Cataracts can be prevented by high consumption of onions, garlic and capers which contain beneficial elements such as cysteine, sulfur and lecithin.
- Foods containing high levels of omega 3 fatty acids prevent dry eyes and muscular degeneration. Mackerel, salmon, flaxseeds, and walnuts have high amounts of omega 3 fatty acids.
Proper Eye Exercises
Make it a habit to exercise your eyes after waking up and before retiring to bed on a regular basis. This practice will make your eyes healthy and strengthen your vision.
- Roll your eyes in the clockwise direction ten to fifteen times, then repeat the same procedure in anticlockwise direction.
- Keep your thumb at least eight inches away from the centre of your nose and stare at it for ten seconds. Try to continue this practice at least ten times for a total of three minutes.
- Warm your palms by rubbing them together; then place them onto your eyes for about ten to fifteen seconds. Repeat this process three to five times.
- Use your thumb knuckles to massage your forehead, temples and the area under your eyes. Move your knuckles around in a circular motion for about thirty times on each area.
Relax Your Eyes and Take Proper Rest
Since your eyes are being used continuously, give them relaxation for a while by taking breaks from work throughout the day and get a proper eight hour sleep at night in order to fully repair and rest your eyes. Insomnia can immensely weaken your eyesight.
- Close your eyes for about five to six minutes every two hours. Simply try to empty your mind of all thoughts.
- While reading a book or being in front of a television or a computer screen, take a break of at least ten minutes after completion of every one hour. You can also opt for a quick nap for better results.
So implement these techniques in your life and maintain your eyesight.
You may also like this……How to Tone Your Muscles